How You Can Monitor Your Portfolio Free With Google Alerts
We've seen that the stock has eroded more than 70% in last couple of weeks and went down from 161 to 99 loosing hard earned money of investors.
As an Investor you must be monitoring your portfolio either with your stock broker or with news channels or news paper. As many a time, the stock undergoes drastic price movement due to a sudden news or change in the company’s fundamental. And if you are not monitoring your portfolio regularly, then you might have to book heavy losses.
But it is hard to track the live changes of your stocks with these options; however we've come up with the option that will help you to monitor your portfolio free with leveraging the Google's power which will enable you to track your portfolio.
What is Google Alerts?Google Alerts is a content change detection and notification service from the Google basket which will help to monitor any change in the selected stocks. To explain in simple language this will send you alerts on your email which will contains the important news published on web related to stock that you've purchased.
When you set alerts with the Google then you'll feel relax as each morning when you'll wake up, you'll find mailbox filled with dozens of emails from the Google related to all the stocks which you might either holding, or interested in. It is very helpful as you get alerts sent to you as soon as you are talked about somewhere on the Internet. You can also use Google Alerts to monitor news about your;
- Share prices
- Weather warnings and so on
Why Google Alerts ?
- What’s the best point of using google alerts is that unlike newspapers or financial websites where you have to search for all the important news related to your stocks, google alerts directly deliver the relevant news to your email. No time wasted!!
- Further, if you missed any news on the financial websites or web, it’s too hard to track it back or re-read the news after few days. There are tons of news published every day and it’s really difficult to find the news that you missed long back.
Leverage Google Alerts to monitor your portfolio
- Go to https://www.google.co.in/
- Log in to your google account. If you do not have one, then sign up to create a new account.
- Search ‘GOOGLE ALERTS’ on google.
- Select the link titled “Google Alerts – Monitor the Web for interesting new content” or simply go to this link- https://www.google.co.in/alerts
- Add the list of the companies you want to track by entering it in the box.
- Enjoy the alerts.
Hope this little trick will help you to manage and track your portfolio effectively.
Do let me know your views in comments below.